Want something even more delicious than a grilled burger? How about an Apple Slaw topped Pork Burger?!
Filled with chopped jalapeños and onions these pork burgers are my secret recipe for a juicy and flavorful burger from your grill.
Ingredients you’ll need
- ground pork
- red onion
- garlic (I used the jarred kind)
- gluten-free buns if desired (I like Canyon Bakehouse)
How to Make Pork Burgers
- finely dice jalapeño and onion and add to pork along with jarred minced garlic
- mix together with hands until just combined
- form into 3-4 equal sized round patties about 1/2 inch thick
- preheat grill to 350 degrees
- grill for 6-8 minutes on each side until cooked through
Note that ground pork should reach an internal temp of 165 degrees F.
Common questions about grilling pork burgers
How do I prevent flare ups on the grill?
Chose a high quality ground pork with no more than a 20 percent fat ratio
Can I sub another kind of meat?
Yes! This recipe is also delicious with ground turkey!
How to I make sure they cook evenly?
Make sure all of your burgers are of equal size and thickness
What to serve with pork burgers?
My favorite way to serve these burgers is topped with Apple Slaw on a gluten-free bun.
I love to eat the leftovers by leaving off the bun and dipping in some mayo with a salad on the side.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 small jalapeno pepper seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon jarred minced garlic
- Preheat grill to around 350 degrees F
- In a small bowl mix together all ingredients by hand until well combined
- Form into 4 equal sized burger patties
- Place burgers on preheated grill
- Cook for 6-8 minutes on each side until cooked through
- feel free to sub ground turkey for the pork if desired
- make sure to use a high quality meat to prevent flare ups on the grill from excessive grease
- store leftovers in fridge for up to 3 days
Leave a Reply