Learn to make a simple homemade slaw and you’ll have a delicious side or topping for an infinite number of meals!
Grab of bag of pre-chopped slaw mix to make it quick and easy! This will quickly become your new favorite salad or side for many of your grilled meals.
I serve these up with my favorite pork burgers for a great bbq meal!
What you’ll need
Coleslaw is essentially a salad made with cabbage instead of lettuce.
We’ll make our own homemade dressing and add some extras to make it delicious!
- bagged chopped coleslaw mix (if making your own grab green cabbage and carrots)
- apple – I used Granny Smith
- mayo – regular or avocado oil mayo
- apple cider vinegar
- honey – raw honey is best
Tips for making slaw
- mix it up ahead of time so that flavors can soak up and meld
- make at least 1 hour in advance or up to 1 day
- leftovers can stored in air tight container in fridge up to 3 days
- 12 oz chopped coleslaw mix
- 1 apple chopped
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Add the coleslaw mix to a large bowl with chopped apple
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the mayo, vinegar and honey
- Pour over coleslaw mix and stir to combine well
- Store in fridge until ready to serve
- I recommend making this at least an hour in advance to let the sauce probably mix with the cabbage
- you can chop your own cabbage and add a few shredded carrots if desired
- store leftovers in an airtight container up to 3 days in fridge
- use avocado oil mayo for healthier option