Want the perfect side dish for any of your grilled meals? Just add these potatoes and end up with a simple filling side the whole family will love.
Making sides on the grill is genius! Less mess and less work for a truly delicious meal.
What you’ll need
These potatoes require only 3 simple ingredients!
- red skinned potatoes
- olive oil
- herb and garlic seasoning
How to make potatoes on the grill
- scrub potatoes clean
- slice thin to about 1/4 inch thick
- toss with olive oil and seasoning
- place in a grill pan on a preheated grill
- let cook until they being to crisp up then stir occasionally until they are cooked through and lightly crispy on both sides
You can use red potatoes or Yukon gold potatoes. I don’t recommend russet potatoes.
Other cooking tips
- watch potatoes closely and flip as necessary so that they don’t burn
- if desired you can boil potatoes for a few minutes prior to grilling (drain and dry first)
- try different seasoning blends to customize your flavor
Benefits of potatoes
Potatoes are packed with vitamins and minerals like potassium, B6 and fiber.
Cooked, cooled and reheated potatoes are a good source of resistant starch which can benefit insulin levels, blood sugar and digestion.
Crispy Grilled Potatoes
- 1 pound small red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon herb and garlic seasoning
- Preheat grill to around 400 degrees
- Scrub potatoes clean
- Cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- Toss with olive oil and seasoning in a bowl
- Place potatoes into a grill basket and place on grill
- Toss occasionally and cook until soft in the middle and slightly browned and crispy on the outside, about 20 minutes
- watch potatoes closely so they don’t burn
- feel free to swap out other types of potatoes like Yukon gold (but I don’t recommend russet)
- leftovers can be stored in airtight container in fridge up to 3 days
- reheat to serve