If you’ve never grilled portobello mushrooms you are in for a treat! These are simple to make and can serve as a side dish or the main show!
This recipe requires only 3 ingredients and uses my easy taco seasoning for a little kick.
These take only a few minutes to make and are simple, tasty and full of health benefits!
- large portobello mushrooms
- olive oil
- seasoning – I used homemade taco seasoning
How to prepare mushrooms
- gently clean mushrooms with a damp cloth and remove any excess stems
- slice into 1/4 inch thick slices (can be thicker if you prefer)
- toss with olive oil and seasoning
- cook on a grill pan on a preheated grill
How to serve grilled mushrooms
These mushrooms serve as the “main” part of my vegan burrito bowls! So yummy!
Also perfect as a side dish to a juicy steak!
Can also serve up as tacos!
- 8 oz large portobello mushroom caps
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- Preheat grill to 350 degrees
- Brush each mushroom inside and out with olive oil
- Dust lightly with taco seasoning
- Place on grill and cook for about 4-5 minutes and flip and grill 4-5 minutes on other side
- Remove from grill and slice into about 1/4 inch thick pieces
- this will make 2 servings as a main dish or 4 servings as a side dish
- if making as a side dish you can also sub baby portobello mushrooms
- clean mushrooms by rubbing clean with a damp cloth