Learn to make these simple fajita veggies and have a healthy and delicious side for so many meals.
Use a mix of sweet bell peppers and a red onion along with some oil and seasoning and grab a cast iron skillet to make the perfectly seasoned and cooked veggies!
- bell peppers (I used a mix of red and yellow)
- red onion
- olive oil
- chipotle garlic seasoning
How to make perfectly grilled fajita veggies
- cut peppers and onions into strips about 1/4 – 1/2 inch thick
- toss with oil and seasoning
- preheat a grill with a cast iron skillet
- add veggies to skillet and let cook a few minutes then toss using tongs
- check and toss often to ensure even cooking
- remove when still slightly crispy
For another variation, try it with my homemade taco seasoning blend instead!
How to serve fajita veggies
These are delicious on my vegan burrito bowls!
Also perfect served up in tacos or with grilled meats!
Leftovers are perfect on salads!
- 3 bell peppers red, yellow, green
- 1 red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chipotle garlic seasoning
- Preheat grill to 350 degrees with a cast iron skillet inside
- Remove ribs and seeds from peppers and slice into strips
- Cut onion in half and cut into thin slices
- Toss with olive oil and seasoning
- Place veggies in skillet on grill and close lid
- Check every 3-4 minutes and stir
- Cook until tender crisp
- use any mix of bell peppers you prefer
- watch veggies and don’t let them overcook, they are better if they still have a slight crunch
- preheat the skillet first for best results