If you’ve never had pineapple salsa, then I insist you rush out and grab the ingredients now! This simple salsa is refreshing, amazing and the perfect topping for all sorts of dishes!
Not only is pineapple salsa delicious serve up on a crunchy tortilla chip, but it’s equally as amazing on top of burrito bowls, in tacos or on fish.
The bonus is how simple it is to make! Grab a fresh pineapple and have delicious salsa in minutes!
Ingredients for Pineapple Salsa
- fresh pineapple – you can buy a whole pineapple or an already cored pineapple at most grocery stores
- jalapeno pepper
- red onion
- fresh cilantro
- olive oil
How to make pineapple salsa
If your pineapple is whole, you will need to remove the core and outer layer. This is the tool I use and it makes it super simple and quick!
Next, cut pineapple into tiny pieces. How small you cut them will depend on how you prefer to serve it. If serving on chips, you will want them as small as possible.
Remove the ribs and seeds from the pepper and finely chop along with the onion and cilantro.
Toss everything together with a little oil and let set a bit to let the flavors combine.
A few notes
- leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days in an airtight container
- leave a few pepper seeds in if you want it to be spicy
How to serve Pineapple Salsa
- as a dip for chips
- on tacos
- on burrito bowls
- on salads
- as a side
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 oz pineapple finely diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- Toss together and refrigerate until ready to serve