Want the best seasoning? Make it yourself! This Cajun Seasoning is the perfect blend of simple spices to create a seasoning that will add a kick to your favorite recipes!
I use this cajun seasoning on everything from fish to to chicken and so much more!
This is a favorite to make up a big batch and keep on hand for quick and easy meals on the grill!
Seasonings you’ll need:
As always, carefully check the labels to ensure they are gluten-free depending on your dietary needs and contact the companies with any concerns.
- smoked paprika
- herb and garlic seasoning
- kosher salt
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- ground pepper
- cayenne pepper
This cajun seasoning is one of my favorites because it is so easy to customize!
Love things a little spicier? Add some extra cayenne!
Don’t like a smoky flavor? Swap regular paprika for the smoked.
How to store homemade seasonings
Because a homemade seasoning will not have all of the anti-caking agents, you need to be careful to store it in a clean, dry and airtight container.
I love using these spice containers from Amazon but any jar will do!
Try to make only the amount you will use with a couple of months. (I’ll bet it won’t last you that long! It’s amazing!)
Uses for homemade Cajun Seasoning:
- Cajun Chicken Drumsticks
- Cajun Chicken Sandwiches
- Orange Glazed Salmon
- delicious on almost any grilled meats or veggies for an easy meal!
- 1/4 cup smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon herb and garlic seasoning
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- Mix all spices together and store in airtight container
- use in place of store bought in all your favorite recipes
- store in clean dry and airtight container
- try to make only the amount you’ll need within 2 months
Leave a Reply