These Cajun Chicken Drumsticks are a quick and easy grill recipe utilizing only 3 ingredients! They are a family favorite and perfect for a simple weeknight meal.
Chicken drumsticks are not only delicious, but packed with plenty of nutritional benefits, so add these to your meal rotation today!
When you were a kid, did your family bring home those amazing buckets of fast food fried chicken? That was one of my favorites, for sure. I don’t know about you, but I was always first to grab for those drumsticks!
Now days we don’t eat much fried chicken, but my kiddos sure to go wild for drumsticks! And they are so easy to make, they are perfect for keeping in the regular dinner rotation.
These drumsticks are seasoned with cajun and herb and garlic seasoning and then grilled up over a high heat to a crispy, juicy perfection!
Buying Chicken Drumsticks
Chicken drumsticks are relatively inexpensive compared to chicken breasts. The demand for dark meat chicken is not as great due to the misconception of it not being as healthy.
They generally come in larger packs of 2-3 pounds and can be purchased fresh or frozen.
There’s no prep work involved for drumsticks like when you buy wings, so they are a great option for busy nights when you need a quick dinner.
How to Grill Drumsticks
- add dry seasonings and a bit of oil if needed (not too much, you don’t want a fire!)
- grill over a medium to medium high direct heat (around 400-450 degrees F)
- flip the drumsticks about every 5-8 minus to ensure they cook evenly
- chicken is done when it reaches an internal temp of 175 degrees F
- remove from heat and let rest 5-10 minutes before serving
Leftover Chicken Drumsticks
Leftovers can be stored in fridge and reheated to serve.
Another option is to pull the meat from the bones and use it in other dishes, like on a salad!
Health Benefits of Chicken Drumsticks
Not only are drumsticks tasty and easy to eat, they also pack a nutritional punch.
With plenty of protein, they are a satisfying meal. They also contain a lot of vitamins and minerals, like niacin and selenium.
These nutrients help with everything from metabolism to hormones to disease prevention.
Make it a Meal
Potatoes: Crispy Grilled Potatoes
More Grilled Chicken Recipes
Cajun Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 pounds chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- Preheat grill to around 450 degrees
- Toss drumsticks with oil and seasoning until well coated
- Place drumsticks on grill
- Check and turn slightly every 5-8 minutes
- Cook until chicken reaches internal temp of 180 degrees
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon herb and garlic seasoning